Friday, August 7, 2009


It's almost been officially a month since hubby deployed. I have been great up until this past week... and suddenly, this busy agenda no longer shadows my sadness. I miss him with a passion that I never thought possible. It numbs me to think that I'm starting to forget what it feels like when he holds me. I cling to all these memories, and am disheartened to find some of them slipping. I need this man. Yes, I know that all along, but I think I took it for granted... or perhaps didn't quite see it that way until he was gone. We talk fairly regularly, and I appreciate
the frequency of his calls, but even that doesn't
The girls at a pool hall...
seem to abate the pain. I know I'll be fine, I'm just having a difficult week, with school starting back up and the stress that goes with a fresh school year.
On that note, I absolutely cannot wait to start this school year. I think I have a superb class... several teacher's kids that I already know who are good kids. Then I know of a few stinkers in my class... and they are the ones who make it fun. They are really the ones who keep me on my toes, and make the day fly by. I swear when I'm at school it feels like i'm there 2 hours, rather than 7. That's when you know you love your job.
I love my soldier. Can't wait to have him home on R&R.

No comments:

Post a Comment