Tuesday, June 2, 2009

thinking

Sitting here, listening to my husband talk to his mom on the phone. She's coming up this weekend to spend some time with him before he deploys. I'm really excited that she will be here soon... I positively love my mother-in-law. And I think it will be good for him to see her again before he deploys.
Just thinking about the limited amount of time we have left, and all the things about him I'm going to miss. The way he absentmindedly plays with any object nearby when he's talking on the phone, the look of pure concentration that covers his face when he's seasoning our meat for the grill, or the way he glances periodically through the window of our house to see what I'm up to while I'm inside talking to a friend and he's outside smoking a cig.
This man is my world, and I admire so many things about him. He has helped me become a better person. There were so many negative things about myself that needed improvement before I got back with him. He helped me see these things, without pointing them out a bit.
The world is a better place for having him as a soldier. And I couldn't be happier to say he's mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment