Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Dippy Doo teacher, who!?!?
Man, do I feel like a complete dippy doo, do-do. I am a 3rd grade teacher, and we are wrapping up the school year (only 2 days left, whooo!!). In order to be released from our contractual duties, we must do several things. I was working on one of them after school today. Last year, my first year teaching, we had to pull the kids' cumulative folders (self explanatory, a collection of important documents from their schooling) to add pertinent documents. IN these cumulative folders are "yellow folders", as we educated people so poorly refer to them (they are folders that are, indeed, yellow, but serve the purpose of assessing the kids' progress on reading fluency, comprehension, etc.). Last year we were to pull the WHOLE cumulative folder from the filing cabinets and put our documents in their cum's. Apparently, this year we were NOT supposed to do this. We were only supposed to pull the yellow folders. Well, guess who missed the memo. I took 40 minutes to go through ALL OF THE 3rd GRADE cum folders in the file cabinet, diligently pulling out all 24 of my kiddos. As I was walking out of the office, the office secretary made a little gasping sound, like she was unable to breathe (which my mistake might have momentarily caused a collapse of the vital organ!!). She informed me of my dippy doo mistake, then smiled brightly claiming she would "file them all back tomorrow, no need to worry!". This, of course, spurred even more humiliation. I did NOT want her to have to do any extra, backbreaking work because of my ignorance. I left the office, practically in tears, then got all my documents filed in my cum's. Tomorrow, I AM FIXING THIS, NOT HER. Hopefully with minimal humiliation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment