Things have been a little better lately, with my emotional well-being anyhow. He re-enlisted a few days ago, and I couldn't be happier with his (our) choice. We got our orders, and we'll be stationed 3 and a half hours from home. This weekend, I intend to take a trip out there to check things out. This REALLY gives me something to look forward to. I also need to start checking into the schools out there- from the limited research I've already done, there seem to be a few in the area I'd like teaching for.
Today was the last day I'd talk to him for at least 3 weeks... around the first of November. It was hard, and I did break down when we were saying goodbye, but I certainly feel much stronger this time around than I did last time. I guess the experience was what I needed.
I miss him more than I ever thought I would. I hope I have shown him that I'm strong enough to let some of that strength seep into him. I know he's leaned on me and relied on me for this deployment, so I think I've achieved that much of my goal. I just want to be the best wife that I can.
God, keep my soldier safe.
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment