Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I'm holding on to you

Goodness, do I ever miss him. There have been some unfortunate events in his unit recently, of which I will not disclose online, but my stress level has just absolutely skyrocketed. It's unbelievable how naive I was before this all started. It's unbelievable how insensitive some people are when it comes to what these soldiers are doing for us. It's also unbelievable how much I feel like I've grown up in the matter of just 2 and a half short months. If I thought I was mature and had it all together before the deployment, I had no idea how much that would actually increase. I look at all these couples who take their spouses presence for granted... couples who take for granted the fact that EVERY NIGHT when they go to bed with their loved one by their side, it's another night of life. We military spouses know there may not be a tomorrow. How can anyone take for granted the fact that they have such peace of mind every night? Knowing that their spouse is safe and secure. I did before. So surely I've answered my own question...

Please God, bring him home. I know you have a path set for him, but I sure hope it includes mine... for a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment